- "Yeah, we're all shit-hot hunters, so what? Cabot's the one that's gonna get us out of here alive."
William Cabot is a Support-class Hunter in Evolve who is capable of amplifying the damage dealt by other hunters, spreading radioactive dust to tag wildlife, and shooting the monster through walls and other obstacles. He is also the leader of the Hunters. If we judge a man by the friends he keeps, then Cabot has some explaining to do.
In his younger years, Cabot was a loud and brash Hub Marshal, partnered with Bucket. After failing to bring Arthur Rank to trial - due to bureaucratic bullshit and a touch of red tape - Bucket and Cabot followed Rank to the Far Arm to bring him to justice. The duo remained in the Far Arm, eventually leading Cabot to found Leading Edge - a group of planet tamers - the best ever. At some point after the death of his wife (and presumably, his daughter), Cabot retired and faded into legend. Years later, with a lot of money - or even the possibility of saving lives - NORDITA coaxed him out of retirement to assemble The Crew to take back Shear from the Monster threat.
Cabot is not only the owner of the dropship, he's the captain of the team. The heroes all work for him. He's the best planet tamer the Arm has ever seen. NORDITA brought him out of retirement specially for Shear. A lot of these guys only signed up because it was William Cabot asking. Griffin in particular. 
Only one man could lead the desperate attempt to rescue the last of the remaining colonists from Shear: William Cabot. Long retired from planet taming, Cabot agreed to help and, with his robot partner Bucket, assembled the greatest team of Hunters in history.Cabot's outfit is an old Sol Guard Air Agency bomber jacket. It has a Hub Marshals Service Fugitive Task Force patch on the right shoulder. Reads, "Pride, Integrity, Guts." And also a Guild Licensed Planet Tamer Far Arm Chapter 914 patch on chest. That reads, "Clearing the way for galactic civilization."
Cabot is always focused on the mission at hand and makes certain that his Hunter allies are capable of completing the mission no matter the cost. He prefers to Socialize with Parnell, Maggie, Lazarus, and Val.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
All support hunters have powerful weapons, but Cabot’s is the only one that can shoot through solid rock. This powerful weapon uses electromagnetically accelerated slugs that pierce through terrain. If the cannon’s projectile becomes blocked, it bursts into a cone 40 meters long.
- 150 rounds per minute
- 1.6 second reload
- 154 base damage
- 100 damage through objects
- 100 conical explosion damage
- 1 shot per magazine
- Applies negative effects even when it is fired through obstacles (Poison and Slow)
Cabot’s signature weapon locks on to its target and all damage done to his target is doubled. The Damage Amp uses a battery power system that recharges, so use it when the hunters can deal as much damage as possible.
- Amplifies 770 damage before recharge
- 350 capacity
- Damage boost is 1.8x damage from all sources
- 16 second recharge with a 1.5 second delay before recharge begins
- 35m range
- 15 degree lock-on angle
- 25 degree sustain angle
Dust Tagging Edit
At Cabot's command, his ship—the Laurie-Anne—drops an air burst of radioactive dust, highlighting every living thing in a 60-meter radius for twenty seconds. If the monster is in the dust’s area, not only is it unlikely to escape, it’s unlikely to live. 
- .5 second cast
- 3.5 second delay before impact
- 70 second cooldown
- 60 meter radius
- 20 second persistent duration within the area of effect
- Dusted outline effect has a 20 second duration on the monster (dust persists but cannot be applied to monster more than once in a single strike)
- Projectile detonates 20 meters above targeted surface
Class Ability: Shield Burst Edit
The Support Class signature device applies a shield to all Hunters within an area around the Support that will decay after a short time.
- 625 self shield
- ? teammate shield
Downed: Caber Holloe Pistol Edit
- Used only when downed
- 350 rounds per minute
- 1.6 second reload
- 13 damage per shot
- 12 shots per magazine
|1||Start||11||50 Keys||21||50 Keys||31||50 Keys|
|2||Badge||12||Badge||22||Nanotech Regeneration - Superior||32||Badge|
|3||Regeneration - Minor||13||Energy - Major||23||50 Keys||33||50 Keys|
|4||50 Keys||14||125 Keys||24||50 Keys||34||125 Keys|
|5||125 Keys||15||Badge||25||125 Keys||35||Skin|
|6||Extra Fuel Tank - Minor||16||125 Keys||26||50 Keys||36||125 Keys|
|7||Badge||17||Leadership - Major||27||Badge||37||125 Keys|
|8||125 Keys||18||Badge||28||Command - Superior||38||Badge|
|9||Rocket Man - Minor||19||50 Keys||29||50 Keys||39||125 Keys|
|10||125 Keys||20||125 Keys||30||125 Keys||40||Hunter Skin|
Rewards for perks that are already at level 3 are replaced with a 200 keys reward.
- If the monster is on the run and is hit by the dust, keep hitting it through the walls. This way, you can hit it without being seen.
- Try to predict where the monster will head and aim Dust Tagging in that direction. This will either force the Monster to walk through the dust or change it's path, buying you time to catch up.
- When fighting in caves or under structures, Dust Tagging cannot be used. however, Dust Tagging can be aimed at one of the exits, tagging the Monster as it leaves or denying a path of retreat for the Monster.
Interaction in the drop ship
- Cabot will say "There's a lot at stake here." (assault) "Why are we doing this?"(trapper). "...and if we don't."(medic).
(possibly changed with the release of Stage 2).
- Because Dust Tracking fires a projectile from the sky, this ability cannot be used in caves and under structures.
- Cabot hits hard but slow, missing a shot against the monster is very detrimental to his team.
Relationships with Other HuntersEdit
- Laurie-Anne Cabot. Cabot likely blames himself for Laurie-Anne's death, since she died of an intestinal parasite. Complications arose from a misdiagnosis from an AutoDoc, and his decision to move out to the Far Arm placed them farther from civilization - where she likely could have been properly treated. His father was apart of the Sol Guard Air Agency and was presumably a Hellfighter.
- Bucket: The two of them go very far back, with Bucket serving as his partner in the Hub Marshals. Bucket chose to follow Cabot into the arm (and, eventually, into Planet Taming) of his own free will.
- Hyde: Hyde likes Cabot and is shown when Cabot use the damage booster and Hyde exclaims 'A leader that looks out for his team.'
- Val: When Val joined she told him she was a spy working for CIG9.