Cephalodons are crocodile-like creatures native to The Distillery, with mouths reminiscent of octopus tentacles. They are no particular threat to the Monster or Hunters, though they will attack both. However, they provide 2 meats when eaten by the Monster, making it worth your while to kill and eat. They cannot be pounced upon, and must be killed with melee or abilities.
Note that a Cephalodon will eat a glaciopod if it comes across one.
- Meats: 2
- 500 hp
- Maximum Speed: 5
- Hunter Damage Bonus: 3x
- Recognizes enemies at: 35 meters
- Cautions enemies at: 30 meters
- Withdraws from enemies at: 38 meters
- Automatically attacks Monsters at: 15 meters (Basking Cephalodons are too cowardly to attack any player characters unless they are within 6 meters)
- Attitude toward monster: Afraid of monsters at all stages, will attack monster in self defense.
- Melee Attack: 300
- Elite Differences:
- 700 hp
The Basking Cephaladon buff provides 80% faster eating speed to the monster and causes all wildlife to fear the hunters. Large wildlife and predators can be ignored with this buff as hunter, but Mammoth Birds will still use their lightning attack if hunters get too close. This buff lasts 5 minutes.
A close relative of the Mammoth Bird, the Basking Cephaladon is a ‘living fossil.’ One of the first of Shear’s aquatic cephalopods to emerge from the seas and make its home on land, the Cephaladon is the last living remnant of Shear’s Demozoic period.